Tuesday, July 04, 2017

If You Lived In Colonial Times

If You Lived In Colonial Times. Ann McGovern. 1964. 80 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: When were Colonial times? Colonial times were a long time ago.

Premise/plot: Interested in reading about what the New England states were like during the years 1620-1730? This early reader is for you. It is written almost exclusively in question and answer format. Sometimes questions are answered on one page, sometimes questions are answered on two pages. Whether the answer is short or long, the answer tends to be interesting and engaging.

My thoughts: This was one of the first nonfiction books I remember reading as a kid. I remember being really fascinated by history even from a young age. I was so pleased to find this one again at a local charity book shop! I would definitely recommend this one.


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: