Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What's On Your Nightstand (February)


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.
Currently Reading:

Devil at My Heels. Louis Zamperini. 
I'm taking my time with this one--for better or worse. I just keep renewing! I loved Unbroken last year when I read it, and, I *do* want to read this one as well.

Daughter of the Regiment by Stephanie Grace Whitson.
I don't typically seek out "Civil War" books to read. (Like I do books set during World War II). But I love Stephanie Grace Whitson, and, I'm finding this one a great read!

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Louise and Aylmer Maude.
I've read book one and two of this so far. I hope to stick with it and finish it this spring. I'm not sure at this point if it's manageable!

Venetia. Georgette Heyer.
I'm rereading this one. It's one of my favorite Heyer romances. 

Man and Wife by Wilkie Collins
This was the first Wilkie Collins novel I read, and, I read it several years ago now. I am enjoying rereading it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sir Patrick :)

Planning to read:

By the Shores of Silver Lake. Laura Ingalls Wilder.

These Happy Golden Years. Laura Ingalls Wilder.

I'll have reviews in March for several in this series: By The Shores of Silver Lake, The Long Winter, Little Town on the Prairie, and These Happy Golden Years. March will be focused on the Newbery winners/honors of the 1940s.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

emaginette said...

You are very ambitious. Good luck with War and Peace. :-)

Anna from Shout with Emaginette

Kailana said...

Good luck getting to all of these! I have always wanted to read War & Peace, but it is just so long I know I would get bored even if I was really liking it. One day!

di said...

I've never read Wilkie Collins, but now I am adding Man and Wife to my TBR list.